Kauai’s Natural & Scenic Wonders
Kauai visitors often drive rental cars to visit the island’s picturesque North Shore, adding to traffic delays and amplifying parking challenges. A relaxing, eco-friendly means of visiting the area is by Kauai’s new North Shore Shuttle, which operates from Princeville to Ha’ena State Park, with access to Ke’e Beach and remarkable hiking opportunities. Polynesian Adventures was selected to operate the shuttle service which commences in the third week of June 2019.
An introductory rate of just $15.00 round trip includes a reserved seat at an appointed time and departure location, the ability to get on and off at all stops, and entry to Ha’ena State Park. Passengers can board the shuttle at any stop and plentiful free parking is available at a Park & Ride location at Waipa.
Tickets must be purchased in advance online at kauaiNSshuttle.com and are not available directly from Polynesian Adventure Tours. The shuttle stops at the convenient locations highlighted below.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – the shuttle route begins at of one of the world’s most stunning
courses and the first course designed solely by Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
- Hanalei Dolphin Restaurant – on the banks for the idyllic Hanalei River, the Dolphin has
been a favorite dining spot of visitors and local residents since the 1970’s.
- Ching Young Village Shopping Center – in the heart of Hanalei, with its impressive selection
of dining and shopping opportunities.
- Waipa – located within the thriving 1,600 acre Waipa ahupua’a, and home of the Waipa
Foundation. This is also the Park-N-Ride stop for those with private vehicles.
- Wainiha General Store – the North Shore Kauai version of a shopping mall where snacks,
snorkeling gear and much much more is available.
- Hanalei Colony Resort – known for being unspoiled, unplugged, and unforgettable.
- Limahuli Garden and Preserve – one of the most biodiverse valleys in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Ha’ena State Park – with access to Ke’e Beach Park is the shuttle’s turnaround point. Your
shuttle ticket to the Park includes Park access reservation. Enjoy beach, and if hiking please
stay on the trails.
Important Tour Information
- All bookings and payment must be made online at kauaiNSshuttle.com Driver is not
permitted to accept payment or passengers without tickets purchased online.
- Guests staying in the Princeville area are advised to take separate transportation to the
Makai Golf Club to board the North Shore Shuttle. No parking is available for shuttle
passengers at the Golf Club.
- Free parking is available at the Waipa Park & Ride shuttle stop. Parking is severely limited
and traffic heavy at Ha’ena State Park, so the North Shuttle is the way to go.
- Full information and detailed FAQ at kauaiNSshuttle.com
- The shuttle honors valid Count of Kauai Bus Passes.