Experience the Wonder of Nature
Fly from Oahu to Hilo for a volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds! You’ll enjoy live narration by your expert driver guide on the land tour portion. The recently updated itinerary includes a visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a breakfast buffet (on your own) at the historic Volcano House Restaurant; offering local and traditional cuisine and a visit to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory. After your helicopter tour, rejoin the land tour and experience Rainbow Falls where rainbows magically form in the mist and a drive through Hilo Town and famous Banyan Drive.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – breakfast buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory* (brief stop, option to purchase snacks)
- Helicopter Tour* | 3:30 / 4:00 PM departure
- 45-minute tour
- Aerial views of the remarkable recent transformation of Kilauea
- Cascading waterfalls
- Largest rainforest in the United States
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Return from Hilo, Hawaii to Oahu
*Volcanic activity changes hourly, viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
Important Tour Information
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Waikiki.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location in the Waikiki area.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 5:00 AM and returns to Waikiki at approximately 9:00 PM.
- 24-48 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-833-3000.
- To meet aviation security requirements, guest’s name, birth date and gender is required when booking reservations along with weight and height for the helicopter tour. Names must exactly match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in.
- Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or valid government-issued photo ID.
- Guests are advised to not bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
- All passengers will be weighed during check-in at the heliport, in compliance with FAA requirements which ensures the accurate aircraft weight and balance. Passengers over 250 pounds will be allotted two seats and will be responsible for the additional cost of 50% for a second seat.
- For best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection.
Tour Cancellation Policy
There are NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS on all NEIGHBOR ISLAND DAY-TRIPS. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.
In the event the helicopter tour must be cancelled for any reason, guests will be refunded for the helicopter tour and welcomed on an extended sightseeing land tour which includes a drive through Hilo town and a stop at Akaka Falls. If guests wish to return to Honolulu earlier than their scheduled flight and/or decide not to continue on the land tour, a refund of helicopter portion (only) will be provided and additional taxi, airline change fees, or other other expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.